Hello, thank you for visiting my blog! I no longer post here, so go along to my new online home Second Hand Susie, I will be very pleased to see you there!

Friday, 10 January 2014

Library Love...Arabel's Raven, The Fiery Heart, Save with Jamie and Easy Crochet Country...


This month I've been reading...

Arabel's Raven - Joan Aiken
When I was little the BBC made this book into TV series, which I loved.  Arabel has a very naughty pet raven, called Mortimer, he has many socially unacceptable habits (such as eating the stairs) but sometimes, he saves the day.

The Fiery Heart - Richelle Mead
This is the fourth book in this series, which follows on from the Vampire Academy series, which has been made into a film.  Even though they're for teenagers and about vampires, they're not badly written or Twilight-ish at all, just lots of supernatural action and romance in a nice, easy read.

Save with Jamie - Jamie Oliver
There are a few veggie recipes in here, the first chapter is about 50 pages long and is called 'veg', so there's a few to choose from even though this book has lots of meaty recipes too.  I'm especially tempted by the giant rosti, yum!

Easy Crochet, Country - Nicki Trench
Nicki Trench is my favourite crochet pattern writer, so I had to check this out and it doesn't disappoint.  It's full of lovely, wearable patterns for hats, shawls, scarves, gloves as well as pretty things for your home.  I can see myself buying this book, and the rest of the series, it's so good!

Have you read anything excellent recently?  I currently have 19 books in my waiting to read pile - eek!

5 comments:

  1. Does Jamie offer any good tips, or is it all pretty obvious? I wonder how much a famous chef person really thinks about/knows about keeping to a budget...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all pretty obvious, meal planning and using cheaper options. What I do like though is that Jamie Oliver/his publishing company gave a free copy of Save with Jamie to every Library in the UK, so that those who need help making cheap food, who can't afford his books can easily access a copy. Which I thought was nice/a genius marketing ploy!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new site layout!!!
    I gave "Save with Jamie" to my companion Paolo as a gift for Christmas, and we noticed that there are few veg recipes too, but it's worth the same. Above all, Paolo is a fan of Jamie and I love the graphics of his books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Danda!

      Glad you've both been enjoying Save with Jamie too, do you get the TV series in Italy? I quite like Jamie Oliver on the telly!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...